Saturday, March 24, 2012

I'm Learning to Breathe..;)

I'm so in love with Switchfoot now.. HAHA! And this song describes so much about me.. Finally Credit Analysis midterm 2 was DONE! GAH! I'm super DEAD tired right now.. Been up all day starting from 4 am (did last minute touch ups before heading into the lecture hall) at 8 am.. After that had discussion from 1 till about 8 pm.. Grr.. Really "beat up" to the max.. Thank God tomorrow's SUNDAY! AHHHH!=PPP

One more midterm and I'm finally D.O.N.E! I'll be preparing to celebrate the Holy Week with my family.. Heh.. =DDD

I'm Learning to Breathe by Switchfoot




Missing the people in KK shooo much! Sigh.. I miss you couz.. I'm not sure when I'll be able to come and breathe the fresh cool air of Bundu Tuhan once again.. But rest assure that if it's God's will, I'll be back! Heh.. In the meantime.. Come la visit Penang! I'll drive you around town to cari makan.. HAHAHA!=DDD


Oooh! Blessed 4th Week of Lent peeps! How time flies huh? Uh hmm.. I've got a lot to update about my spiritual journey with God but let's just update them on another day since I'm so dead tired right now.. But to start up with.. I'm serving back in the commentator ministry in my church in Penang.. Well, I'll not always be back but when I'm back.. I'll serve.. and it's my calling to say YES to Him.. Not cause I have to but it's cause I WANT TO!=DDD

Just to share with you guys about what I read today..=)

WHAT IS LENT?

The season of Lent begins with the observance of Ash Wednesday and ends the day before Easter Sunday. Though many protestant churches pay little attention to the seasons of the church year, we miss out when we ignore the introspective season of Lent with our youth. This forty day season (the Sundays are not counted in the forty) is a time to reflect on one's journey of faith, to examine our relationships, and to become a part of the story of Jesus' journey to Jerusalem and the cross. By observing this season, we invite youth to step out of regular time (school...jobs...dating...) and into God's time for awhile.

Like Advent, Lent is a contemplative season. A time of preparation for Easter, Lent is often regarded as a penitential season when we examine our lives and repent or gain a new perspective or path forward. Christians often take up special spiritual practices during Lent such as fasting and observing extra times of Sabbath, study, and prayer. The popular practice of “giving up something” for Lent really has nothing to do with exercising one’s self-control. Rather, it is a way to make space in our regular routines to allow God to do something new in our lives.


Your Best Bible Teacher
by Rick Warren

“But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” (John 14:26 NIV)

Recently, I had to go to the hardware store to buy a new lamp for my study. I spend a lot of hours reading and studying. I had a very strong halogen lamp that is extremely bright and makes everything really clear. I loved it. But recently the lamp died. The only lamp I could find was a new-fangled one that only uses new wimpy light bulbs, which only have about a third of the brightness.

My purchase reminded me of an important truth: The brighter the bulb, the clearer you see. Brightness increases clarity. If you want to get a portrait made of yourself, you don’t want a bright light on you. It’ll show every blemish, wart, and pimple. You want less light. Everyone looks good in the dark!

The same general principle is true of God’s Word. The more your mind is illuminated, the more you’ll see in God’s Word.

That’s the Holy Spirit’s job: to show us the meaning of God’s Word and how it applies to our lives. Jesus said in John 14:26: “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you” (John 14:26 NIV).

One of the Holy Spirit’s jobs is to help you see in the Bible what you wouldn’t see otherwise. If you don’t have the Holy Spirit, you’re going to miss a lot in the Bible. The Holy Spirit is the best Bible teacher you’ll ever have.

God has not only given you revelation — the Bible — but he has also given you illumination, the ability to understand what he has given you.

The Bible is the only book you’ll ever own where you can talk with the author while you read it! As you read the Bible, you can ask the Holy Spirit, “What does this mean? How can it make a difference in my life?” Do that, and God will speak to you. He’ll whisper in your ear, put thoughts in your head, and leave you with impressions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

miss you too couz <3

Catherine Faith said...

Aww.. Heh.. Hope everything's fine with you back there OK? Shall go stalk your blog soon.. HAHAHA!<3