If I date someone, it's only because I love him.. It's that simple.. Most people would say "What you know about being single? You can just pick anyone you want and go for it!". WRONG. Not having the RIGHT guy is very much similar to not having ANY guys at all.. And of course there's times when you'll be in total shock when even your nerd friend is already on a relationship or the shy girl you saw on your very first day of your university life is already having a boyfriend while you're still finding for that one true guy that is gonna be worth every minute spent with.. I get those "desperate" moments too LOLOL.. No. I'm serious..
Whenever I walked on the hallway of my university I noticed there's couples everywhere, or when I'm on my way back home or when I'm having dinner outside of campus.. I understand the feeling of being "WANTED" or being "LOVED".. Who does not want that? I mean it's a great feeling afterall.. To know that there's always someone to take care of you, to hold your hands when you're alone, to motivate you when you're down, to push you and to be there for you or with you during your failures or success.. And most of all, to never give up on you.. To have faith in you.. To believe in you..
But I also do know that God is in control of everything.. And we need not go and hunt for ourselves in order to satisfy our thirst for love.. Because when we do that.. We will fail miserably.. It's hard to actually put something so precious onto someone whom we have not seen face to face before.. But that's what faith is all about.. No matter how "blurry" our future is, if you put your trust in Him.. He never fails you.. I can already feel that chill as I'm writing this LOLOL.. Instead, try being the RIGHT person so that in time.. God's time (His time is ALWAYS perfect) He will bring the right guy or the right woman for you.. Trust in Him..
P/s: I'm suppose to wake up really early tomorrow for Soft Skill but because the Spirit wants me to write something worth sharing (I'm really lazy so there..=P) God bless!
Waiting for God’s Best
By Rebecca St. James
I’m often asked how I remain patient with God’s plan for my life when I’m still single. I’ve talked so much about it, it’s no secret—eventually I want to get married. The truth is that there have been many moments when I’ve been tired of waiting for the right guy to arrive. My mum challenged me once. “You need to let go and trust God with this,” she said. I started tearing up. She was right. I asked, “How do you let go of something so important?”
Relinquishing this to God has been quite a process, but I don’t want anything for myself that God doesn’t want for me. Where are the joy and abundant life in settling for something that He doesn’t desire for my life? Releasing this was incredibly freeing. I still believe God will grant me this desire, but I will trust God either way. Until you come to that place of abandonment, the grass always looks greener on the other side. If you can’t surrender something of such importance, the danger is that when it comes you will cling to it and suffocate it, and you may end up hurting the very thing you have longed for. I now feel that I will be able to go into marriage as a whole person.
A better prayer than “God, when will You bring the special guy into my life?” vs “God, I don’t know what You have in mind for my future … but I await whatever it is expectantly, knowing that You know me better than I even know myself.” I don’t want any less than what God has in mind. I want the best that He has in mind.

No comments:
Post a Comment