Saturday, September 7, 2013

3 Years Journey of A Uni Student..

Okay let's see.. I've actually done two papers out of 4 papers.. And the next paper will only be on Thursday next week so I've decided to update a little on what's going on in my life.. Well.. Almost..=P

Those two back to back papers ( Thursday and Friday which is today) were pretty good cause God was in control and I've tried my very best.. So I've lifted up everything to Him.. It's kind of sad to know that I'll be leaving this place that I've actually called my "second" home.. A place where I've make friendships.. A place where I've slowly and progressively discovered myself.. The good, bad and everything else in between.. I've learnt that true friends are indeed very very difficult to find, I've learnt that relationships are a sacred thing and priceless that we should never intend to abused and I've also learnt that life is actually vast.. It's bigger than you thought it is.. And we shouldn't just stay in our own comfort zones all the time..

I came into the university as a timid girl (a very innocent and blur one I would say..=P) hoping that I could be mould into a person that could face the society or this harsh world and come off as a strong young woman with Christian virtues to uphold whenever and wherever I go to.. To tell you guys the truth, I didn't want to end up in Banking and Finance.. Being a science student (from Form 4 up till Upper 6) I never had this thought of going to calculations and finance, maths, and stock bonds stuff whereby you'll have to get used in reading Wall Street Journals and Morningstar Ratings etc (Heck! I've never even touch The Star's Business Section.. Would always skipped that part because it's SO DARN BORING..=P).. I was opting for Microbiology but UTAR's Microbiology's number of students were very much less (like less than 20??) and it's not very well known.. Local university wise, I've had an offer to University Malaysia Terengganu (for Horticulture but I've rejected them).. So when I got the offer letter stating that I was offered to be in the Business faculty, all I did was surrendered to the Lord hoping that someday He will show me the reason to all of this.. It was a path laid out for me.. I did not choose this path but He did..=)

So as a Year One student, things were pretty tough and a struggle because everything was super new to me and I had to start from the basics like Accounts, Economics, Histories etc and I only had 4 months to catch things that Art Stream students learnt for 4 years (Form 4 till Form 6 syllabus of Accounting) but God was good all the time.. I managed to pull through all of my subjects and went into Year 2 with ease..

In Year Two this time, I do not know how God was working His way into my life because we were having a Moral Campaign and being myself, I've never been very comfortable being in the crowd speaking to people because let's just say that last time, I was a very reserved type of person.. You need to get me out of the shell and then you'll see the crazy person that I am..HAHA! Yea and then Joey came to me asking me to be the Master of Ceremony for our Moral Campaign (and mind you guys, our campaign was FULL HOUSE) meaning to say that there were almost 200 students in the lecture hall that time.. I was hesitating at first but something inside of me tells me that I should go for it.. Not for fame or popularity but for exposure sake.. To come out of my comfort zone, to be different for once.. And you know what? It was worth it.. It was so beyond worth it that I did it because I really  had fun along with Derrick as my partner in crime for Moral Campaign LOL.. I thought I would get stage fright or be frozen or something but God is an AMAZING GOD.. If we let Him direct us, He will NEVER ever let us down.. And therefore, I've faced my fears (with tonnes of presentations for 3 years), I became unafraid to speak out in front of the crowds till the eentent that someone need to actually shut me up..=P and moved forward into Year 3..

Year 3 was the final stage of our "race".. Part of us will feel that it's a relieved to be here and part of us will be reluctant because we know that we'll have to say goodbyes to all of those memories (good,bad,happiness,sadness,success,failures,sweat,tears and pain) made in this "jungle" that I'm gonna miss very soon..  Year 3 was all about presentations, assignments, VIVA AND FINAL YEAR PROJECT and internship.. Well along the way, we make some new friendships and we lose some friendships but that's life I guess.. People do not always stick around and when it's time to go, we say our goodbyes.. But deep inside of me,I know that God has something greater in stored for each and everyone of us..

For those moments.. I thank You.. I thank You for the times that I've been happy because of all the priceless friendship made in campus life.. I thank You for those moments where I've learnt that life isn't a bed of roses.. Betrayals happened and lessons learnt.. I thank You for those moments when I was in the darkest state of life, You never abandoned me but instead You've blessed me with angels in disguise to helped me, comfort me and to hear my cries..

I thank You for the failures and those silent nights I've cried myself to sleep because of "academic expectations", mental and emotionally stress, relationship struggles, personal affairs because they have made me so much stronger.. I thank You for the times of sweet success because those are the moments that I will always cherished and act as a reminder to myself that I can do anything with Your strength and divine grace with humility.. and last but certainly not least, I thank You for those times that You have been there for me.. You never left when everybody else did.. And I can always feel Your love radiating around me all the time.. Even when I'm weak and I make mistakes and fall most of the time.. You've never given up on me.. To a girl who's yearning to find herself into a young woman who knows what she wants out of life and who she wants to be according to God's plans.. GOTT IST GUT (God is good)! =')


/

No comments: