Monday, December 30, 2013

When 2013 is Coming to an End..

Since year 2013 is ending very soon, well I guess this deserves a post huh? *wink*

Basically this year has been a roller coaster ride for me but thankfully I could always feel that the Lord was near all the time.. *wipes tears* I had my final year this year, went into training at Bosch Penang, flew all the way to KL for job interview, got my first job before graduation (God is super awesome!) and spent Christmas with beloved families. I'll just let the pictures do the talking then..=)
And then the end of my training period.. My internship with Bosch was a very memorable one.. I've learned so much.. To sum everything up, I've learned that working life is totally different from study life (Thank you to all of my old folks for warning me that amen..=P)

I've learned that Bosch people are really nice people.. Honestly, when I first came into Bosch, I was equipped with NOTHING except notes and textbooks that I've learned from university life.. But I told God that whatever it is, I want my training to be an experience that I could take and apply to my future career.. And the Lord did more than just that..

The first month was quite a struggle for me.. I had handful of tasks to handle and I also had to follow up on projects besides computing budgeting, cost calculation, Return on Investment etc.. I had NO IDEA what SMT is all about (I've never been in factory line before), I've no clue what's PMO, PMP, BGN, SAP,  BOM and all other abbreviations and was only given 3 days to learn.. So I was like "I'm so going to be dead.. O..M..G" But I never did gave up because my whole purpose of training is to experience the working environment.. So I took Mummy's old notebook and wrote every single thing down.. EVERYTHING including what my supervisor was saying just to make sure every tasks he gave me was completed on time LOLOL..*facepalm*

That notebook literally became my "best friend" until some of my colleagues would be like "Why are you carrying your notebook everywhere?" So I just told them that it's my "walking dictionary"..=P A week later after that, I got familiarize with all the terms and each project flows.. Meetings were held every single day.. The second month of training was a lot better because I was already assigned to handle several mini projects by my supervisor.. So I really praise Daddy God for that..=)

Lessons that I've learned during my training is that working life is never easy.. We were always spoon-fed by our teachers or tutors or lecturers in university.. You can just asked whatever you do not understand and baam! You'll get the answers directly.. But in working world, we are constantly learning.. We are not given guidelines on how to make things work and how to figure things out.. We will have to struggle them.. It's like a battlefield out there.. We'll always have to keep moving and solving our way out and if you're blessed, there will be some really nice people who are willing to guide us.. But there's also some nasty ones as well..

Certificates and string of As are just tickets to where you want to land yourself onto.. After that, it's all about hardwork, communication skills, interpersonal skills, how you talk and walk, how you negotiate with others, how humble you are, practicals will matter most.. But I was really blessed to be with so many great colleagues all around me that *cough* showers me with *cough* Deutsch CHOCOLATES all the time LOLOL.. There's nothing more in this world that can make me trade such awesome possum superiors and friendships made.. THANK YOU SO MUCH! *hugs*



Bosch's Project Management Managers! From left: Mr Phuah, Mr Loehnert Uwe, Miss Ang and Mr Lee! =)
And oh! Did I told you guys I've also been invited for Bosch's project billboard? *grins*Maybe sometime soon in the future, I'll be able to drive by and say "Hey! That used to be my awesome possum training place!" =P
AND... ONE OF MY HIGH SCHOOL BEST FRIEND JUST GOT ENGAGED! CONGRATULATIONS once again BFF! I hope and pray that you and Asher will cherish one another and be blessed with love till the end of time!  *big bear hugs!*

And last but not least: #Jesus's Christmas Gift for me this year: A job offer position of Financial Executive and Unit Trust Consultant at Public Bank Penang itself tehee..PRAISE YOU LORD! <3 p="">
And New Year's Eve plan tomorrow? Interview at The Star.. And FAMILY TIME!
HAVE A BLESSED 2014 PEOPLE! May the Lord shower you with peace, love, hope and happiness all year round!

No comments: