Wednesday, January 16, 2013

How I started 2013? F.I.R.E!=3

WARNING: This post might have lots of grammatical errors due to author's lack of sleep (it's already 1 something in the morning) but I wanted to write for God so bite me!=D


Well how I started 2013? Here's how.. I've decided to joined FIRE Weekend after much considerations because I couldn't make it for the first two FIRE Weekend sessions (merely cause I was living in Kampar and I'm really busy with studies etc).. Came back for semester break to worked.. So I thought of taking that two days off relaxing or hangout with friends, shopped (ANYTHING BUT WORK!=P) Then I had this prompting that tells me to go.. And guess what? I did.. And I'm so GLAD I did because I've learnt about so MUCH things for that past few days.. People, I'm really sorry that I cannot write every single thing that I've learnt here because there's just too much.. Trust me.. My "summary" is also going to be an essay..=P So here it is..

 I felt God's presence again after a long time of not being in TOTAL SOLITUDE for Him and for Him alone.. It's not that I didn't pray or do my daily readings but at times, I was just too indulged in studies and work and catching up with the world and what it has to offer.. And I left Daddy God aside for a while..=(

FIRE Weekend started on last Friday, Saturday and Sunday.. Friday was opened to everyone, while the remaining two days was for those participating in ministries of CHS.. Being the typical me, I was like "OK let's see what's so special about this one now" (I've been to camps before and different camps have different feelings).. And so Friday night was about the Prodigal Son story.. I've been hearing this story over and over again since I was small but I just didn't know why when the facilitator played that clip plus the lyrics that comes with it.. Tears just came gushing down like waterfall.. Seriously.. I just didn't know why and I CAN'T STOPPED IT.. That night, I was really being touched by Daddy God Himself.. It was as if He was trying to tell me, "Cat, I know you're making the effort to come, you've been really exhausted, come HOME" And I know at that instance.. Whatever sins that I've done, no matter how dirty it might be, Daddy God loves us all unconditionally.. So much so that if we were to take that one step to return to Him, He'll come RUNNING back to you, hugged you, kissed you and welcome you home.. Another reminder is that we are all His sons/daughters in Christ.. Daddy God doesn't acknowledge us as His servant whereby we'll always have to obey Him and fear Him (Yes we do at times to remind us of His Divine authority) but Daddy God wants us to know that He loves us.. BEYOND A LOT..=')

Saturday came.. The second session started in the morning.. I saw a lot of familiar faces (teheee) and some new ones but I'm really glad to see most of them there hehe.. We had praise and worship before the sessions begin.. Today's session was all about Jesus Christ, Son of God.. We has sessions about Lamb of God ( Col 1:13, Romans 4:25, Isa 53: 4-6), The 7 Last Words of Jesus Christ, Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Group sharing proceeded after that.. We had two questions: Who is Jesus to you? and What do you hope that Jesus can do for you? David and Geraldine were the group leader and sharing was great.. Session 3 was about Repent and Believe (Genesis 3:8, Mark 1:15, Matt 3:2, Acts 2:38).. OK that's very theoretical right?=P All the sessions were more to bible sharings but my most favourite one of all is INNER HEALING (Oh yeah, it's really my favourite because that's when we can all let loose..=P Kidding LOLOL!) I love inner healing because that's the time whereby we could reveal and undo our masks and just be in the presence of God.. And nicest part of all.. The topic of inner healing was "Be Healed".. It was as if that Inner Healing was meant for myself.. "Be Healed" requires us to forgive and bless the people who hurt us.. Forgive I have.. Bless? Hmm.. I'm still not that sure.. But I do pray.. Sometimes yes sometimes not.. But on that night.. I really made my decision to bless all of the people who have hurt me lots.. And I truly forgave them.. And true forgiveness means that when you see that person again.. There will be no hurts nothing.. Just sense of peace..=) I cried and I told Jesus Christ everything.. And that night ended pretty well.. I rested in the spirit and all I could think about was how awesome JC is to myself, my family, friends, and even for my enemies.. HE NEVER FAILS..=)

Here comes Sunday! We attended mass and after mass we had brunch (more like lunch actually).. Noel and Christoper came as well.. Chit chat and joked around and then this Michael dude came along.. Didn't really know him but I've seen him in church several times and he was very friendly.. But err.. a bit weird I guess (I'm sorry to be saying this and I hope he does not read this post HAHAHA! He asked for my number?? I mean like hello? You don't asked people's number for the first time like that right?) So I asked Chris whether he did that to him or not and Chris replied "NO" snd this two idiaot (Chris and Noel) started teasing me from that moment onwards.. I mean like c'mon la, he's already 32 and I'm like wat? 23??? Hello?=.= LOLOL And he's not close to being my type at all.. But Michael is really friendly.. *runsaway Coming back to the sessions, I really do like the part of the main topic that is the Holy Spirit.. Sunday sessions were all about Holy Spirit.. And we received the Holy Spirit not once but TWICE! YES! THANK THE LORDDDD! The moment Andre asked "Who wanted for second anointing, I was one of the first who came in front!=PPP LOLOL" Rested twice and we ended the night with testimonies.. Said peace to Uncle Pedro, Aunty Winnie, Aunty Christine, Uncle Thomas, Uncle Anthony Aloysious, Geraldine, Adele, Ah Fan, Carmelita, Dass, Aunty Annie etc.. It was a blessed weekend indeed before heading back to campus for final year.. And I thank God for this opportunity because if I have not had the prompting to go for the FIRE Weekend, I would have missed out on a lot of stuff.. And God really works in wonderful ways FAST as well..

Testimony #1: I've decided to be a little "nuts" since I know God will always provide and also to put my financial budgeting skills to the test.. Brought RM150 bucks.. No calculators and started to shop like mad.. My heart was pounding like CRAZY cause I know if it exceeds, I'll be Tesco's very first sampah lady LOL and when the last item being scanned.. Total amount: RM 149.93. *WIPES SWEAT* PHEWWW! Praise Daddy God. Aint He the BEST shopping buddy you can ever have? =P

Testimonoy #2: I was late for tic booking and so being the "nomad" (I pindah randah a lot from Kampar to Penang and Penang to Kampar) but nicest part when I asked the counter for tic, they had it and I had individual sit *like a boss* =P

Testimony #3: My ex's mum finally came to have a conversation with me about how I think about this session (My first reaction was obviously suprise) because I didn't know she was a nice lady indeed.. She told me that there's intern opportunities for final year like myself and if I needed anything, I could just give her a call instead.. I've received quite a number of offerings to "help" regarding my job/intern application and I appreciate her help lots too.. God works wonders most of the time.. He can break chains and free us from bondages and for me, I know I'm completely free after what God has done for me for the past 2 years plus.. For without You O Lord, I would not have stand up when I fell.. =')
And this are some of my spiritual resolution for 2013.. We'll start with 3 first..=D
 
 
Blessed are those who fell, repent and have the courage to stand up once again with God by our side.. Dear Lord, use myself as Your instrument for the greater glory and highest praise for You and You alone.. Built my strength so that I may come to serve You and Your ministry little by little and with that, I know and have faith that You'll bring us all to greater heights! AMEN.=)

No comments: