Thursday, May 29, 2014

Career and Life Goals of A Fresh Graduate

I've not been updating on my life ever since graduating so here's a short post on what's been happening lately heh. :)

Yes. I've started working in the most amazing and BLESSED job I'm having right now. Praise God for that because initially I was having "difficulties" on choosing my "route" to take as course of my stepping stone to success in the future. Public Bank didn't really work out mainly because I feel that it's not really challenging enough (routine reports, documents, paperwork and closing of accounts everyday URGH) Sue me for being "silly" on rejecting one of the top banks in Malaysia. I did that once on St. Georges for Convent Greenlane so I can always do it again blueks!=P Hopefully I do not apply that same thing for all the guys in future LOL.*touch wood* So Thomson Reuters it is! (YAYS! :) )

For all those who have not heard of The Reuters Company (most of online articles published are actually from Reuters itself MUAHAHAHA!) Here's a brief summary I got from Wikipedia.

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a multinational media and information firm based in New York City.[4] It was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of British-based Reuters Group on 17 April 2008,[5] and today is majority owned by The Woodbridge Company, a holding company for the Thomson family of Canada.[6] The company operates in more than 100 countries, and has more than 60,000 employees around the world.[3] Thomson Reuters was ranked as Canada's "leading corporate brand" in the 2010 Interbrand Best Canadian Brands ranking.[7] It is headquartered at 3 Times Square, Manhattan, New York City.

And about the recent controversial "tainted Cadbury" issues in Malaysia, Reuters was also part of it.

 (Reuters) - Chocolate maker Cadbury Malaysia, a part of Mondelez International Inc, on Monday recalled two chocolate products after they tested positive for traces of pork DNA, the Nikkei Asian Review website reported. The traces were found during a periodic check for non-halal ingredients in food products by the Ministry of Health, which on Saturday said two of three samples of the company's products contained pork traces, the website said. 

 The two products, Cadbury Dairy Milk Hazelnut and Cadbury Dairy Milk Roast Almond, were readily available in stores throughout the country, Nikkei said. 


 Cadbury Malaysia, like most food makers in the country where Muslims make up more than 60 percent of the population, has all of its products certified halal to conform with Islam's dietary restrictions, one of which is a prohibition on pork. The company said it was undertaking a full review of its supply chain to ensure halal standards, according to the report, and the Malaysian government said it will conduct inspection of all Cadbury Malaysia's products. 


 Cadbury Malaysia was not immediately available to comment on the Nikkei report. 


 Basically, we do analysis for government bodies, organizations, companies affiliates, individuals or parties. We actually screen and research on names and identities. For example, you want to be employed for work. Employers/managers do not know how well your background is so they will come and find us to screen you in Worldcheck. So yes, we know where you live, what you do, your criminal records etc (Nah kidding!=P) LOL. But on a serious note, our job is to do crucial analysis on individuals and organizations before any business deals or financial reports are finalized by companies themselves! *smiles*

People kept asking me whether my job scope is actually related to what I've been studying for the past 3 years. Hmm how do I put it. Yes? Because I do read financial reports/analysis and investment trends all the time. No? Because I don't work in banks? Analyst job is in a way that everyday we'll be screening/reading and analyzing reports,documents,housing statements,meeting minutes,conversions,convocation lists, court hearings,journals,JOURNALS and whatever type of paper format you might find on this face of the Earth. We've seen it all. And we do not just read 10 or 20 of them but THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS. And sometimes, they wont be in English language as well. Imagine reading wtetrhjfpflf gsudnfolfprjtb GOSHHHH.. *pulls hair* But I find my job really exciting and I'm determine to stay in Reuters for a longer time.

 Just to share with you guys some of my dreams and goals to achieve in this short-term run. By the grace of Daddy God. One can only plan but the rest is up to Him. The list:

 1) Business trip to Poland (This might be happening end of this year or end of next year.. My first ever business trip to the overseas.. Scary yet exciting at the same time..)


2)Master Degree in Corporate Management (in 2 years time.. year 2016 hopefully in Penang itself tehee! Started to save on this already and it must be done before I say any "I Do" to the guy of my life!)

 3) CHARITY WORK! (As Catholics, I honestly think that I should be doing something when God has given me everything I prayed for.. Try to see the Jesus in everyone even in the face of your enemies.. =) )

 4) Travel at the end of the year (Be it with families or with friends.. Take initiative to keep in touch with them.. At times I apologize for being extremely busy or just super lazy until someone had to say "Do we need to book one month earlier?" *sobs* WTH goshhh LOL..)

 5) Do some minor investment and SAVE TRUCKLOADS!!! (Time to brush up on investment basics)

 6) Something BIG this year.. Target to complete and to achieve in September-October wheee! *excited*

7) More time for Daddy God.. Be it rallies or camps or groups I want to serve, participate and taste more of Him..

 Andddddd some pictures to depict my CRAZY yet awesome life in Reuters.. We're all 1MALAYSIA!

No comments: