The most BLESSED time of the year that we have all been dreaming about for the past 3 years of degree life is finally here.. YES! Graduation Day! I would say my graduation day was really awesome despite the last minute preparations that we have to do. For example.. Mum and myself went down all the way to Kampar a week before graduation to collect the convocation attire for family photoshoot that week.
Honestly, the amount of effort, tears, sweat and pain just to get to this point was actually worth it. Among 200+ students in our course of Banking and Finance, there were only less than 50 graduates this year for year 2011 intake. Truthfully, it was not easy at all. I'm sure most of the UTAR students would agree with me. Assignments and examinations were tough (I'm not exaggerating but it was twice tougher than a public university. Ask any of the public uni students who came to UTAR and they will tell you the same). Most of my friends who are from a poor family background could not afford to extend themselves and ended up withdrawing from the university. It was a very sad sight to see because they were all very hardworking individuals. There were time I cried myself to sleep just because of stress (LOL) No kidding. Seriously. There were times I thought I was all alone in this because I could not talk to anyone else but to my best friends. Not even my parents because I'm not the kind that would love to "burden" my loved ones. Yes. I'm the "bottle it up" kind of girl. =P Sighh. Those were the bad times I had to endure mentally and spiritually. But God was there. He was there all along.
I could still remember having a conversation with one of my friends and she told me about this "UTAR curse" LOLOL. She was there for about 4 years and she told me this precisely.. "You want to enter UTAR is very easy but when you want to leave time it's gonna be very difficult".. Difficult is good because when things come easy, that means we tend to take advantage of it, more laid-back and relax or when it's easy means it's not good of a quality. It's just the matter of how you want to take that "challenge". Are you gonna be afraid of it? Or are you gonna stare that fear right into the eyes and say "My God is bigger than you"?
For me, I was not brought up with a silver spoon in my mouth. My parents did not have the chance to get into university because they were all from poor family backgrounds. But my grandparents are rich in virtues. My parents, aunts and uncle were brought up very well. And because of that, they taught me hard work. They have taught me that nothing in this world is free. You have to EARN IT and by doing so, then only we'll be able to appreciate small things in life. Because of this, I've determined to earn what they couldn't earn last time. I want to earn that scroll for them by sweat, tears, blood, and effort.
Well this is only the beginning of the many many things that I have in mind for them haha! I pray that Daddy God will approve the plans I have in the future. For now, IT IS ACCOMPLISHED! (John 19:30) Therefore, I bid university life goodbye.. Now let the pictures do the talking shall we? Heh!
 |
| Thank you Agnes for being the humble photographer for that day heh.. =) |
 |
| Caught in action being "OMAIGAWD LIKE FINALLY!!" =P BWAHAHAHAHA! *grins* |
 |
| Crazy people with crazy pictures is a MUST!=P Thank you Kakak Kerry for the support/gifts/advise/being my young "mum" in campus and coming all the way to share my joy hehe.. LOVE YOU LOTS! I pray that you'll always be blessed with happiness! |
 |
| Agnes punya GIANT LILIES are as big as myself.. Can you see it? CAN YOU?!!! =P |
 |
| Lay Xian and myself! You looked good girl! =) |
 |
| Family! Youngest sister went MIA because she wasn't feeling very well but it's OK.. As long as we all have that family photoshoot back home with Ah Ma heh! =3 |
 |
| Ming Fei! The only few lengzais in UTAR.. Lengluis- ALOT.. Lengzai- Errrrrr.. *no comment with cricket sound* MUAHAHAHAHA |
 |
| Daddy,
the person whom has taught me the importance of education.. Trust me..
He would ring them everyday into our ears during schooling days by
telling us.."Only through education can you get what you can't get in
life.. Education will bring you up".. Yes! I will always remember that
Dad..=D |
 |
| Mummy! *insert baby voice* The person that I could share my secrets with and joke like a friend..Closest person after my sisters and Dad!=P |
 |
| Agnes with the scroll.. Thank you for coming all the way even though you're busy with work! Thank you for constantly being there and above all sharing joys and pain! I pray that I will see this day coming again.. This time it's gonna be you! And your lilies are gonna be more bigger than that.. Maybe masuk World Record!=P *jumps around like a silly girl* |
 |
| Vicky! Thank you for being my partner-in-crime during our uni days.. Thank you for constantly being there and telling me nonsensical jokes when times were difficult.. Haha! |
 |
| Thank you to beloved families and friends for the showers of blessings! |
"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney
No comments:
Post a Comment